Augarten and Meissen provide support for porcelain

In 1717, the Dutch war agent at the court of Charles VI, Claudius du Paquier, managed to bring the Arkanum from Meissen to Vienna under adventurous circumstances. In 1718 Paquier received the monopoly for Austria and the crown lands for 25 years. Maria Theresa took over the manufactory in 1744. At that time, the banded shield, once part of the Babenberg coat of arms, was used as a trademark. The time of the famous painters Kothgasser and Lamprecht is referred to as the painterly period. Ancient models served as a model for the porcelain, relief gold decorations, palmettes, cornucopiae decorated the ceramic ware. The Congress of Vienna in 1816 promoted the worldwide sale of porcelain, including to the European aristocracy. During the Biedermeier period and the emerging industrial age, porcelain became an everyday object. The "blue edge" is the trademark of the porcelain. In 19123 the manufactory was reopened after it had been closed in 1864. The first porcelain factory in Augarten was located in what is now Porzellangasse in Vienna. Augarten is the oldest baroque park in Vienna. The Viennese porcelain manufactory has its headquarters in the hall building of the palace in the Augarten.